The mission of the original Star Trek’s spaceship, Enterprise, was to “boldly go where no man had ever been before.” Star Trek was science fiction. But what we need in the non-fictional NOW is for young men and women to undertake what few are willing to do—PIONEER.
A pioneer is one is who is first, or among the earliest, in any field of endeavor:
- Pioneers are those who stretch boundaries and extend horizons.
- Pioneers widen the parameters of the possible and explode the laws of the impossible.
- Pioneers abandon the status quo and create a “new normal.”
- Pioneers penetrate the borders of small thinking.
- Pioneers have a fire in their hearts that drive them to pursue what others deem unachievable.
- Pioneers view giants as grasshoppers while others see grasshoppers as giants.
- Pioneers take risks and defy the odds.
- Pioneers go-for-broke in pursuing their dreams.
The outpouring of the Spirit is marked by new dreams and visions (Joel 2:28). God sparks the imaginations of men and ignites a fire in their hearts which sets them on a quest. Our memory replays our past, but imagination pre-plays our future. Pioneers have sanctified, energized imaginations!
What’s up with countless young people in their late teens and early twenties who are without goals and dreams? There is more to life than getting a new iPhone or staying on top of the latest techno-trends. This generation of Christian young people needs the life-giving breath of God which turns the passive into pioneers!
Passion, holy aspirations, boundless optimism, and God-sized dreams are the results when God pours out His Spirit. We will be challenging the youth at the Student Prayer Advance to adopt the spirit of the Pioneer. A clarion call will be issued to move beyond the routine, ritual, and rut which characterize much of modern-day Christianity. An infusion of God’s Spirit would revolutionize the relaxed, sedentary, immobile, undisciplined, aimless religiosity that currently passes for Faith.
Pioneering students, and “Pioneering-again” leaders, bring the needed focus to run the course with vitality. Bring your young people to the Student Prayer Advance July 31-August 2 and believe for a new generation of Pioneers! www.christlifemin.org/home/prayer-advances/student